Morocco is a country that offers visitors a unique blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. Whether you’re interested in exploring ancient cities, experiencing the Sahara desert, or sampling delicious cuisine, there’s something for everyone in Morocco. In this post, we’ll take a closer look at some of the best things to do in Morocco and why you should consider booking a Morocco tour.
- Explore the Ancient Cities Morocco is home to some of the most historically significant and culturally rich cities in the world. The Imperial Cities Tour is a great way to experience the four cities that served as the country’s capitals over the centuries: Rabat, Meknes, Fez, and Marrakech. In these cities, you can explore ancient medinas, visit grand palaces and mosques, and experience the local culture and traditions.
Rabat, the current capital of Morocco, boasts a rich history that dates back to the Roman Empire. You can visit the Chellah necropolis, the Hassan Tower, and the Kasbah of the Udayas. Meknes, the former capital, is known for its grand imperial architecture and impressive city walls. You can visit the massive Bab Mansour gate and the Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail, the ruler who made Meknes his capital. Fez is a UNESCO World Heritage site, and its medina is one of the largest and oldest in the world. Here you can explore the labyrinthine streets, visit historic palaces and mosques, and discover the local crafts and traditions. Marrakech is another UNESCO World Heritage site known for its vibrant souks, stunning gardens, and grand palaces.
- Experience the Sahara Desert The Sahara Desert is one of the most breathtaking natural wonders in the world, and Morocco is home to some of the most spectacular desert landscapes. A Sahara Desert Tour is a must-do for anyone visiting Morocco, and there are many different ways to experience the desert. You can take a camel trek across the sand dunes, spend a night in a traditional Berber camp, and watch the sunset and sunrise over the desert.
One of the best places to experience the Sahara is the Erg Chebbi dunes near Merzouga. These towering sand dunes offer a stunning backdrop for a range of activities, from camel treks to quad biking. You can also visit the nearby village of Khamlia to experience the local Gnawa music and dance.
- Discover the Atlas Mountains The Atlas Mountains are another natural wonder that is not to be missed in Morocco. This range of mountains stretches over 2,500 kilometers through Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia, and offers breathtaking views and a range of outdoor activities. An Atlas Mountains Tour is a great way to experience this stunning region, whether you’re interested in hiking, mountain biking, or exploring the local Berber villages.
One of the most popular destinations in the Atlas Mountains is the Ourika Valley, which is known for its picturesque landscapes and traditional Berber villages. You can hike to the Setti Fatma waterfalls, visit the Berber Museum, and explore the local souks. Another popular destination is the Toubkal National Park, which is home to the highest peak in North Africa, Mount Toubkal. You can hike to the summit, explore the local flora and fauna, and experience the local Berber culture.
- Experience the Cuisine Moroccan cuisine is a delicious blend of flavors and spices, and it’s not to be missed during your trip to Morocco. A Culinary Tour is a great way to experience the country’s best food markets, restaurants, and cooking schools. You’ll have the chance to learn about the ingredients and techniques used in traditional Moroccan dishes, and even try your hand at cooking them yourself.
One of the best places to experience Moroccan cuisine is in Marrakech, where you can sample dishes like tagine, couscous, and pastilla. The Djemaa el Fna market is a popular destination for foodies, with dozens of food stalls offering everything from fresh seafood to traditional Moroccan sweets. You can also visit a local spice market to learn about the different spices used in Moroccan cuisine and their health benefits.
- Relax in a Hammam A hammam, or traditional Moroccan bath, is a great way to unwind and experience the local culture. A Hammam Tour is a popular option for visitors to Morocco, and there are many different types of hammams to choose from. Some are luxurious spa-like experiences, while others are more traditional and offer a more authentic Moroccan experience.
One of the best places to experience a hammam is in Marrakech, where there are many different options to choose from. The Hammam de la Rose is a luxurious spa that offers a range of treatments and massages, while the Hammam Dar el-Bacha is a more traditional experience that includes a scrub and massage. You can also visit a local hammam in the medina to experience a more authentic Moroccan bath.
Why Book a Morocco Tour? Booking a Morocco tour is the best way to experience all that this amazing country has to offer. You’ll have the chance to explore the ancient cities, experience the natural beauty of the desert and mountains, sample delicious cuisine, and unwind in a traditional hammam. A tour will also give you the chance to learn about the local culture and traditions from experienced guides who are passionate about their country.
In addition, a tour will take care of all the logistical details, from transportation and accommodations to meals and activities. This means that you can sit back and enjoy your trip without worrying about the details. There are many different types of Morocco tours to choose from, whether you’re interested in a cultural tour, an adventure tour, or a culinary tour.
Conclusion Morocco is a country that offers something for everyone, from history buffs and outdoor enthusiasts to foodies and spa-goers. By booking a Morocco tour, you can experience the best that this amazing country has to offer, and create memories that will last a lifetime. So, what are you waiting for? Start planning your Morocco tour today and get ready to embark on the adventure of a lifetime!